Weather, weather, everywhere

Many people traveling through Wyoming notice looming guard gates that stand along the state's highways and Interstates, then wonder out loud why towns and cities would ever close them, voluntarily being cut off from the rest of the world.
After a day like today, I can tell you exactly why:
Gillette is experiencing some truly nasty weather today as is the rest of the West,
A Denver Post story explains the meteorology behind the 100 mph winds in and around Denver (when you click the link, scroll down a bit).
As a hard-working and selfless reporter, I got some firsthand experience with the blizzard sweeping through the region.
During some of the worst conditions this morning, I ventured out with one of the paper's photographers to monitor road closings and other weather-related excitement. Driving along rural highways in whiteout conditions is not fun, nor is trying to interview people being turned around at roadblocks (one of the responses: "I'm really pissed.")
Still, no matter how bad the weather is, it won't stop some people from going where they want to go. I guess if I was escaped murder suspect, I'd run through snow, sleet and high winds too!
(photo credit: Nate Payne... fun being out there with you guy!)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home