Friday, February 16, 2007

Big Brother

Dan Feidt, my trusty (and much taller) sidekick from Macalester College introduced me to a program called Google Analytics, which tracks where people come from to get to your Web site.

It's meant for marketing purposes (i.e. to maximize your marketing potential) but has proven quite fun as a way to figure out who is finding their way to my exit on the "Information Superhighway." (When was the last time you heard someone refer to the Internet like that? 1995?)

In any case, as an occasional feature, I'll post maps from Google's page to show who else is looking at "Life in a Boomtown." Over the past week, there have been hits from four provinces in China, France, Portugal, England (thanks Mom!), Brookline, Massachusetts, Sadlestring, Wyo., Missouri, Kansas, North Carolina, Georgia and Grove City, Pa., to name just a few.

I appreciate your readership, keep coming back and have a great weekend! In the meantime, I'll try not to be blown away by the wind — 50 mph gusts today!

(Click on the map below to enlarge the image)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home