My Madness...
As I'm writing these words, I sit in a cheap orange rocking chair of paralleled — yes, paralleled — comfort, listening to Mahler's fifth symphony, waiting, waiting, waiting, for the NCAA tournament to begin.It's been a long road to this point, one filled with many potholes (see second half of Duke's ACC schedule) and many threats of "If you don't turn off that TV right now I'm gonna..." (while Angela has never outright said such a thing, I'm sure the
As the saying goes, this is a new season. And of all the seasons, this is the best one.

My picks are set (I'll post them later so all can laugh as my bracket falls apart in the first round) and I'll soon have my rooting shirt (that's the Duke back-to-back championship shirt my mom gave me 15 years ago) on. Amazingly, it still fits. (I think I actually begged it off her at some point... thanks ma!)

But the main point is it's time to relax, enjoy and simply watch as Jayhawks and Bruins (of Belmont and Westwood), Mean Green and Great Danes, Quakers, Blue Devils (Not just Duke... but Central Connecticut State, too), Tar Heels, Tigers, Boilermakers, Islanders, Runnin' Rebels, Aggies (of New Mexico and Texas) Colonels and Colonials all go at it.

March... What a wonderful month it is.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home