Monday, November 06, 2006

Phones and things

I got a new guitar recently and have had a strong urge to record something — anything, really — that involves the new bad boy, a small body Yamaha with action (read: the strings' distance from the fret board) high enough that it's become my official open tuning/bottle neck guitar.

For the loyal readers (are there loyal readers? If there are, please add your comments...) that are dumbfounded by what I just wrote above, that means I'm trying to become a Mississippi blues man, which will be a challenge since I live in Wyoming, which is fairly bereft of blues.

In any case, back to what I started with: I was in dire need of recording something, so I turned to my cell phone. Yes, my cell phone. It now has a very bluesy voice mail greeting. I am so excited! (I'm hoping it will generate more calls...)

So, that is really the sum of my weekend — recording on a cell phone.

All in all, it's a pretty exciting life.

For anyone that wants to hear acoustic exploits, just give me a call. I'll be sure not to pick up the phone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home