Odds and ends going into the weekend
It's been a while, I know, but this is going to be a short post because — at least theoretically — I'm working. But the upcoming weekend demands attention on several fronts, not the least of which is football. Several observations:
Duke's next four games — in the words of the Simpson's Ralph Wiggum — are nothing short of "umpossible." Virginia. Alabama. Florida State. Miami. And that's fresh off a whoopin' from Virginia Tech. It's just hard to be a Blue Devil football fan, no matter where you are... At least basketball is coming...
The Camels — Campbell County High School, for those keeping score at home — are looking strong after a big win over Casper Kelly Walsh, the then-number one high school team in the state. Up this week is Natrona. According to our own News-Record coverage, this game will be a 'classic.' At least for the fans sake it won't be pouring cats and dogs with a temperature hovering around 36 degrees. Last Friday was really miserable.
Moving on from jockdom into the kingdom of heaven...
Northern Lights this weekend. Should be quite a show. I've seen a sliver of the 'aurora borealus' once before and it was pretty extrodinary. I'm hoping to take advantage of the federal government's vast tracts of BLM land to get a better glimpse this time around. For anyone that hasn't seen them, imagine brightly colored silk sheets being pulled across the sky by the dangling hands of an octupus-like diety. Awe-inspiring... and I hope to have pictures up from them next week. Keep your fingers crossed.
And from the divine to people that graduated from the Institute of Stupidity, summa cum laude... This is from today's police blotter in our dear paper:
A 43-year old female hit a 44-year old female in the leg with a rubber mallet, dropped a pallet jack on her foot and then fondled her at 3:09 p.m. on the 300 block of Boxelder Road.
That's a bit odd, eh? Now that I'm doing some police reporting, I'm finding out about all the stupid stuff people do on a daily basis here. It's mind-boggling.
Things in the new house are coming along nicely and all is pretty well here, particularly after I found out mom is coming for Thanksgiving. A more proper boomtown story will be in these annals before long, loyal readers.
Until then, ta ta and good luck.
Duke's next four games — in the words of the Simpson's Ralph Wiggum — are nothing short of "umpossible." Virginia. Alabama. Florida State. Miami. And that's fresh off a whoopin' from Virginia Tech. It's just hard to be a Blue Devil football fan, no matter where you are... At least basketball is coming...
The Camels — Campbell County High School, for those keeping score at home — are looking strong after a big win over Casper Kelly Walsh, the then-number one high school team in the state. Up this week is Natrona. According to our own News-Record coverage, this game will be a 'classic.' At least for the fans sake it won't be pouring cats and dogs with a temperature hovering around 36 degrees. Last Friday was really miserable.
Moving on from jockdom into the kingdom of heaven...
Northern Lights this weekend. Should be quite a show. I've seen a sliver of the 'aurora borealus' once before and it was pretty extrodinary. I'm hoping to take advantage of the federal government's vast tracts of BLM land to get a better glimpse this time around. For anyone that hasn't seen them, imagine brightly colored silk sheets being pulled across the sky by the dangling hands of an octupus-like diety. Awe-inspiring... and I hope to have pictures up from them next week. Keep your fingers crossed.
And from the divine to people that graduated from the Institute of Stupidity, summa cum laude... This is from today's police blotter in our dear paper:
A 43-year old female hit a 44-year old female in the leg with a rubber mallet, dropped a pallet jack on her foot and then fondled her at 3:09 p.m. on the 300 block of Boxelder Road.
That's a bit odd, eh? Now that I'm doing some police reporting, I'm finding out about all the stupid stuff people do on a daily basis here. It's mind-boggling.
Things in the new house are coming along nicely and all is pretty well here, particularly after I found out mom is coming for Thanksgiving. A more proper boomtown story will be in these annals before long, loyal readers.
Until then, ta ta and good luck.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home