I was in Philly on Monday...
...took the train up for the celebration that's happening tonight. The rain thwarted my plans. Argh.
It's hard to not be there. I love the Phillies and have for a long time (at age 8 I named my hamster Lenny Dykstra, though he turned out to be a she... oh well). Yeah, they're a baseball team, a lovable, tough one, too. But I think the reason I love them so much is because they are one of the closest common experiences I have with my grandmother and my late grandfather. Nonna loves baseball and Poppi lived and breathed it.
So this World Series, while it is not mine to dedicate, per se, is for them. It's for that glorious city. And for me, a huge fan, it's just nice to watch.
Thanks FIghtin's for a great season. You're no longer lovable losers. You're lovable champions.
See you in Clearwater!!!
It's hard to not be there. I love the Phillies and have for a long time (at age 8 I named my hamster Lenny Dykstra, though he turned out to be a she... oh well). Yeah, they're a baseball team, a lovable, tough one, too. But I think the reason I love them so much is because they are one of the closest common experiences I have with my grandmother and my late grandfather. Nonna loves baseball and Poppi lived and breathed it.
So this World Series, while it is not mine to dedicate, per se, is for them. It's for that glorious city. And for me, a huge fan, it's just nice to watch.
Thanks FIghtin's for a great season. You're no longer lovable losers. You're lovable champions.
See you in Clearwater!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home