Monday, July 07, 2008

Wow. It's been a long time.

I suppose it's no longer "Life in a boomtown" or "Pedro-in-Wyoming" per se, since I moved from Gillette at the end of May. I've since been to Philadelphia, New York, Detroit (briefly), Ann Arbor (slightly less briefly), Kalamazoo, Lake Michigan (eastern and western shores thanks to my next destination — Chicago), Los Angeles, the Republic of Mexico, Denver and, finally, Albuquerque, where I'm currently camped. It's been a helluva run, to say the least.

Now that I'm in New Mexico for a spell, I've picked up some work — cooking burgers and steak on the grill, washing dishes, serving up orders and, next week, slinging beer and dogs. (Hot dogs. Back off ASPCA). It's awesome work. Real work. Something fun to wrap my head around. It crossed my mind over the weekend that I'm now a small cog in the shaping of baseball memories for any number of people. There may have been one person out in the 35,000 or so people who came to watch the Albuquerque Isotopes play that will say to their friend or family member — something to the effect of "Remember that cheese steak we had the Fourth of July? Damn that was a good time." Maybe not. But I like to think so.

Anyways... I caught onto an interesting trend today while poking around on the news (i.e. reading about the crazy Wimbledon epic for the ages final)... Big events moving outdoors:

a.) Barack
b.) Hockey

Seems to be working for everybody, too.

More to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home