Thursday, May 29, 2008

On the way out...

My life in a boomtown is quickly drawing to a close, with departure scheduled for Friday morning. Tonight I'm alternating between feverish and not-so-feverish packing... I keep telling myself I'm almost done — and I am — but more crap keeps coming out of the woodwork. Argh. Another hour and I'm done for the night! In any case, I leave (Gillette, not my blog, it will continue on) considering this pearl of wisdom from Paul Johnston, who shared it with me on our mutual Dec. 4 birthday:

Exuberance is the only counter to relentless fate.

In other words, rip the Band-Aid off. It'll be better in the long run.

Thanks Paul.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

yes, better to let the cut breathe :)
Good luck with rounding things up and have a safe trip to K-Zoo and the dozen other places you'll be stopping at!

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home