Tuesday, October 02, 2007

More Phillies

Well, it only took half past forever for the game to end, but when it did the Rockies were on top of the San Diego Padres. (That sentence just doesn't quite sound right, does it?)

In any case, that means the Rockies, who I would otherwise pull for, now become the anti-apple of my eye. That's right, they're playing the Phillies. The series will conicide with a trip to the Denver area and Michigan (to see mi hermana!!!) so I'll be constatntly calculating time zones as I try to keep track of the games. Hurrah!!!

In any case, this is a little reminder from the middle of the season when the Phils helped out some hapless groundscrewmen at Coors Field when the wind kicked up the tarp being pulled over the infield. I thought it was kind of cool:

July 8 at Coors Field: Best remembered as The Tarp Game. The Phillies stormed the field in the seventh inning in an 8-4 victory after heavy winds flipped the tarp over several Rockies grounds crew members. The Phillies helped pull the tarp into place -- and saved a few people in the process -- to receive an ovation from Rockies fans. Believe in karma? The Phillies were 43-44 (.494) before that happened. They went 46-29 (.613) the rest of the way for the best record in the National League and the second-best record in baseball. Hey, we're just sayin'. ...courtesy of The Zo Zone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home