A Saturday followed by a Sunday
As the Phillies continued what seems like a late season slide into irrevelence — seven games behind only two weeks after they were within a pair of the dreaded Mets, maybe they're headed here — I managed to have a great first half of the weekend.Saturday may yet prove to be a life-changer for me. In between lots of reading and lazing about in the glory of my first full two-day weekend since the beginning of the month, I caved into pressure that had been mounting and joined the gym. Now under the tutelage of my dear friend Brantley Hargrove, I am weightlifting. My arms feel like jelly today, which I think means progress is being made.
To celebrate (or maybe commiserate, although I doubt he hurt as much as I did), he came over and watched Jerry Seinfeld and Eddie Murphy videos. We laughed, we almost cried during Murphy's "Delirious" and we drank enough Bloody Mary's to drain two-thirds of a bottle of Absolut Vodka. For the record, he's currently sleeping in the second bedroom. What a night.
How can Sunday top that?!

1 Comments:
you'll be a metrosexual yet!
Post a Comment
<< Home